Saturday, December 19, 2009

4 Progressive Miles

After a long day yesterday I stuffed 4 miles of speed work in before we went to a friend's house. It was a 4 mile progressive run, meaning, that starting at a 8:00/mile first mile, each mile thereafter was to get faster. I had some problems with my Garmin 305 finding the satellites, so the first mile was clocked at 10:21/mile. That's bullshit. Once the thing found the satellites, I was running around a 8:00/mile or better pace. The rest looked like this:

Mile 1: 10:21/mile
Mile 2: (actually it was 1.09 miles) was 8:15/mile
Mile 3: 7:32/mile
Mile 4: 7:03/mile

I'm pleased with the times, however off they may be. It had been a long day, and I really needed to kick my own ass to get it out the door. I'm glad I did.

I realized the other day that if I have any hope of having a respectable time at the LA Marathon in March, I gotta get off my dead ass and get to work. Sunday, I'm scheduled for a 14 mile trail run. GULP. That's gonna be a mess.

No comments: