Sunday, January 25, 2009

Strong 16

What a difference a week makes.

Today I ran 16 miles on the trail and felt really strong.  It looked like this:

16 miles in 2:36
Averaged 9:47/mile 150 beats per minute heart rate
1672 calories

I don't know why I felt so good.  I went to bed late last night after a performance, felt tired this morning, forgot most of the food I was supposed to bring on the run.  I just don't get it.  I ended up eating a mocha cliff shot gel, two really stale pretzels that I found in my Camelbak, and a couple of Powerade gel blocks.  

My favorite part of the run was when I tripped on a rock with less than 100 yards to go.  I landed on my knee, and rolled.  It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  I guess it might be time to consider getting rid of the hair on my legs again.  (sigh)

No comments: