Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Changing Gears

My coach has got me changing gears a bit.  My marathon is in April and starting this week, I'll be doing twice-a-days, (or longer once-a-days) by running and then finishing up at the gym, lifting weights.  The marathon I'm running in  April is in Big Sur, and it's run along the coast.  It will be hilly, and windy, so I've got to prepare for those two big factors.  Today was my first day doing the running/lifting thing.  I've done it before in the past, just never on a super-regular basis.  I find that running and weightlifting are two entirely different entities and they both tire my ass out in different ways.  It feels as though the two work against each other, so it will take me some time to get used to them.  Today's deal looked something like this:


An easy 5.23 miles in 44:05 
Averaged 8:26/mi and 151 bpm heart rate

Then I finished things off with some core exercises, decline bench press, fly machine, and some curls.  


No comments: