Saturday, July 12, 2008



Sometimes I do things with regards to running, that, at the time, seem like a good idea, only to find out later, that I was wrong.  Today's run, is a prime example.  Yesterday, I did some cross training, not a lot, some shoulders, a little back, stomach, and legs.  Not a LOT of leg work, mind you, but enough to regret it today, while running Sullivan Canyon.  I really shouldn't complain, I mean, I was expecting highs near 90-100 degrees, but I was pleasantly surprised by 80 degree temps.  It was breezy, which felt great, but my sinuses were none too pleased.  About 3 miles into the run, I saw 6 fighter planes, circa WWII I think, flying in formation overhead.  I didn't see much in the way of animals, but that's to be expected.  I did run at the hottest part of the day, and being a weekend, there were a lot of people out there.  My legs felt like lead- heavy, dead, clumsy.  Yuck.  And that was the way UP.  Running hills and trails is such a good workout because on the way up, you're working your hamstrings, calves, back, on the way down, your quads take a beating, and you may find yourself running faster than you were planning on.  When I run trails, I always wake up the next day with the general soreness that you'd expect, but also the little muscles and tendons in my lower legs ache.  I'm glad I finished 9 miles today, and I passed two runners on the way up, which is always a good feeling, but the way back was no fun.  I'm tired.  



No comments: