Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bang Bang Bang

Are you sitting down? You may want to.  This is big.

There's water falling from the sky in Los Angeles.  What's the name for that again? Umm, oh, crap, it's on the tip of my tongue... 

Rain.  Ah yes, that's what it is.

 That's pretty epic.  Of course, any time there is a mild change in atmospheric pressure, or the planets are not properly aligned, it affects me and my oh-so-sensitive sinuses.  Today is no exception.  

I did an easy 50 minute run last night, which actually ended up being a 48 minute negative split run.  I think last night I subconsciously realized, (or decided), that tomorrow's Turkey Trot just wasn't going to happen.  We're hosting Thanksgiving this year so it probably isn't a great idea.  I'll just do a 10K by myself tomorrow, maybe do it on a trail somewhere, (it is a bit of tradition, after all) or I'll just run it from our front door.  In any case, I will go for a run and come home and do the dutiful husband routine of cleaning the house, helping with cooking and watching football.  That sounds like I'm feeling put upon.  I'm not.  It will be great to see everyone.  There will be 11 of us.  I just think that due to the hosting duties, I should make that the priority, and not a silly 10K that I'll have to pay for anyway.   

Last night's run, even though run too fast, or not easy enough, felt pretty good, but it may have contributed to the hammer vs. anvil party I've got raging inside my skull right now.  I hope I can shake this thing before tomorrow.  For a guy who likes to eat, Thanksgiving is like Christmas.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

No comments: