Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One... Two...

and back to zero.

I started this week on the right foot by going on a 5 mile run on monday morning and getting in about 5 miles. I averaged about 8:45-9:00/miles. I was a bit sore, but it felt good. The last run I had gone on before that was the sunday before, when I got in a slight 2.5 miles before watching my Packers lose at home to the Bengals.

Then I caught a cold. Good times.

So, I took a week off, got rid of the cold and got back at it monday morning. 5 miles. Okay, nothing major. Scott Jurek won't be quaking in his Brooks anytime soon, but you gotta get back at it somehow, right? "The journey of a thousand miles" and all that, right?

So that brings us to tuesday. Yeah. Got up early and hit the gym with D. Did some weights. Chest, arms, back, legs...

I
AM
SORE.

and, somewhere, somehow, I picked something up. A gastrointestinal bug or food poisoning or something.

Monday
Tuesday
which brings us to today. I write this post from bed. I didn't get any sleep last night. I'm hoping I've got this thing on the run...

Back to square one.




No comments: